The Teething Egg
What is it made out of?
The Teething Egg is made out of FDA-Grade TPE, which is short for Thermoplastic Elastomer. This is a 100% safe, non porous, durable product with a supple texture and a firm consistency that babies love to rub against their gums.
Is it safe?
Absolutely. The Teething Egg and our Egg Harness have both been through thorough mechanical and chemical testing in the USA and Australia and are lab certified and approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (USA) and comply with AU/NZ Safety Standards for babies from birth to 3 years of age. Nothing but the best for your little ones!
The Teething Egg is made in the USA and exceeds all CPSC guidelines for small parts and choking hazards. See the complete guidelines here:
It may appear small in pictures but rest assured, we would never promote anything that would put your little one/s in harm’s way.
Why does it work?
The Teething Egg is the best teether for your baby for a number of reasons:
- Our patented, proven design and shape is the perfect size for little hands and mouths;
- The texture of The Teething Egg is similar to a baby’s gums, so they love chewing and rubbing their sore and swollen gums against it;
- Teething babies need deep proprioception on their gums to help relieve the pain. Having a consistent, soft surface to bite down on in all directions gives little ones relief not offered by any other teethers on the market;
- Our Egg Harness attaches the egg to baby’s clothes so it is always in reach;
- Orthodontic friendly, it promotes natural development of teeth and gums;
- It may be placed in the refrigerator or freezer for further teething relief;' and
- It is so easily washed with warm soapy water, or even better, just tossed into the dishwasher.
Additional Note: The Teething Egg has been found to be highly successful with children who experience Sensory Processing Disorder and Autism